Organic and non-organic foods are probably the most popular types of foods produced today. However, the problem here is which one to choose, organic or non-organic? Some prefer organic while others prefer non-organic. Before heading directly into the differences between organic and non-organic foods, you need to first understand the definition of them both.
- Non-organic Food – The foods that are produced by relying heavily on the use of chemicals such as the likes of herbicides, insecticides, pesticides and more is called as non-organic foods. Moreover, using such chemicals also helps in getting rid of weeds, insects, pests etc.
- Organic Food – The foods that are produced by relying heavily on the use of natural fertilizers like manure and compost is called as organic foods. The foods are organic since it relies more on natural fertilizers and less on the use of chemicals similar to non-organic food. Moreover, organic food relies on natural methods like crop rotation, hand wedding, tilling and mulching. Finally, traps, birds and insects are used to get rid of pests.
Now, here are the differences between the 2.
- The soil used for production of organic food is allowed to remain fertile for a much-desired longer time. This is due to the use of natural fertilizers.
- Since very little chemicals are used in producing organic food, it helps to save water, produce less pollution, conserve energy and other benefits.
- Organically produced foods offer’s richer flavors along with offer benefits to our health.
Business for selling organic fruit in Brisbane and other parts of Australia has seen a huge growth.